The Minor Paint Correction Detail aims to restore and enhance paintwork by removing 80%+ of swirls and surface defects. A two stage machine polished is given to eliminate swirls, surface defects, oxidation and dull and hazy paintwork that has been damaged over the years with poor washing techniques, strong chemicals and incorrect contact with the vehicles paintwork.
For the first ‘stage’ of polishing, a medium-heavy cutting compound is used in conjunction with a polishing/cutting pad that will restore and remove up to 80% of surface defects. The second ‘stage’ is a lighter, finishing polish used in conjunction with a softer polishing foam pad to refine the paintwork finish boosting clarity.
- Vehicle pre-washed using non acidic citrus based cleaner to remove heavy dirt and other road grime
- Wheels cleaned using non-acidic cleaner and hog hair brushes to alleviate dirt from the spokes and barrel of the wheel
- The vehicle is washed using a PH neutral shampoo using a twin guard bucket system to prevent any dirt being transferred onto the car from the lambswool wash mitt.
- Wheel arches, petrol cap, door shuts and lower areas of the vehicle are flushed and cleaned (where accessible)
- The vehicle is hand dried using deep pile microfibre towels to safely dry the vehicle
- Trim, wheels and wing mirrors are blown dry using filtered air, eliminating water traps and streaks.
- Road tar, glue and other deposits removed safely using chemicals
- Remaining bonded contaminants are removed using a clay bar to leave a smooth, bare finish
- Vehicle is re-washed after correction stage to remove all the polishing dust, and blown dry to eliminate contact with the vehicle.
- Delicate areas and trim taped up to protect from machine polishing
- The first cutting stage correction process is carried out to remove around 80%+ of swirling and other surface defects
- The second, refining stage correction process is carried out to refine the paintwork finish, bringing clarity back to the paintwork
- All light clusters are treated and protected
- Exhausts, grilles and badges are treated and protected (where applicable)
Protection – cleansing and sealant/wax:
- The paintwork is treated to a non abrasive pre-wax oil to help with the adhesion of the wax.
- The paintwork is then treated to a Swissvax specific high grade carnauba wax, ensuring a durable layer of protection. We’ll talk you through our range of waxes upon inspection of the vehicle.
- Carpets are vacuumed
- Interior trim and surfaces are removed of any grime, dirt and bacteria using interior specific cleaners that are safe on all surfaces.
- Interior windows cleaned using a high alcohol content specific glass cleaner
- Tyres are dressed
- Exterior trim and other plastics (where applicable) are dressed
- Exterior windows cleaned using a high alcohol content specific glass cleaner